Saturday, 26 March 2011


    * United States: The "Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories" (ICAEL) sets standards for the echo labs, cardiologists and technologists in the US to comply to. Once all requirements have been met, the lab will receive ICAEL certification. A lab that has received the certification may also receive higher reimbursement from insurance companies such as Medicare and United Healthcare.

    * UK: In the UK, accreditation is done by the British Society of Echocardiography. Accredited technologists or other professionals from the echocardiography field will have completed a logbook and passed an exam.

    * Europe: At a European level, individual and laboratory accreditation is provided by the European Association of Echocardiography (EAE). Three subspecialties for individual accreditation: Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE), Adult Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) and Congenital Heart Disease Echocardiography (CHD).

No comments:

Post a Comment